Can you believe I’ve never posted a soaked overnight oats recipe? How do you guys live 🤣! Whomever invented them is a genius – we’re all for life hacks that allow extra time, especially in the mornings.
These are so simple, healthy, can be heated up for rainy days AND kid approved. Also super mobile if you need to shove food in while running around!
By adding the nut butters, seeds and coconut milk your bod is great rounded and balanced meal of fiber • healthy fats • vegan proteins • and ZERO added sugars! Won’t spike blood sugar and will keep you full and satieated for the entire morning. Tell us what YOU think!
RBN Date and almond butter overnight oats!
1/4 cup gluten free oats // per serving
1/4 cup + 2 tbsps nut milk (I used coconut)
1 tsp while chia
1 tbsp almond butter
3 dates chopped roughly (this is our sweetness)
1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
To do: So two options based on how you feel:
1. I like to mix in the butter with everything.
2. Mix everything but nut butter and do clumps in and around jar.
Pick a method: mix all ingredients with enough milk that the oats/chia are loose and well coated. You can always add a dash if they’re feeling too dense in the morning. Store in jars. Cover. Optional: Garnish with some extra dates or seeds.
Enjoy up to 4/5 days in advance! Here’s some of our favourite combos:
1. BERRY DREAMS: Raspberry 🍓 • chia • almond • vanilla. Harnish with coconut flakes!
2. CHOCO-LOCO: 🍌Banana • cacao • coconut. Garnish with almonds or choc nibs.
3. PINA COLADA: 🍍Pineapple • @genuinehealth vanilla fermented proteins • cashew mylk. Garnish with dried pineapple.
4. PEACHES’N’CREAM: 🍑 • sunflower butter • cashews • hemp hearts. Finish with extra milk in the morning.
5. I DREAM OF DATES: dates • almond butter • sea salt • coconut mylk. Great warmed in oven too!
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU PLAN OUT YOUR BUSY MORNS & also a great snack option too
👇🏼We’re emcee-ing THE GREEN LIVING SHOW so pop in this wknd and say Hello!!